Since it was such a beautiful Memorial Day yesterday, Eric and I decided to call up some friends and go on a hike to Kamiak Butte (no, not butt) :) It was a nice hike, only about 3.5 miles, so pretty short, but long enough! :) About 1/2 way up we stopped to find a geochache using our GPS. Here is Eric looking for it....
And here is where we found it. Important note: I found it first! :) Inside the box was all kinds of random things and the logbook, which we signed and then went on our merry way!
Here is the view from the top...not much to see but wheatfields, but it was pretty all the same. Crazy how far you can see when there are no mountains or trees to block the way! We ate dinner up here at the top (a delicious walnut pesto and whole wheat rotini with homemade giant pretzels and potato salad!) and then continued down.
Huck came along too. He is quite a hiker and enjoys it more than we do I think! :) He helps pull me up the hills sometimes too ;)
This is Jacob and Cheryl, the friends that we went with! They took a picture of us on their camera and we took one of them on ours...so i figured I'd put theirs up instead! :)
3 comments:
I want a the picture of the 2 of you. (please)...It looks like a great hike and very pretty. Who won Bocce Ball?? Glad you guys had a good rest of your weekend.
Happy you had a good day! We had a BBQ with some neighbors...they almost got out their gas grill as our $1 charcol grill took 2 hrs to cook the burgers :)...Then Selah ended the day with a "bang" as she broke(w/ my old horse head:) our water heater spout and Gabe tried to fix it then gave up as the water kept pouring out...so then went to home Depot and got a new one and stayed up until after midnight fixing it! Kinda gave the kdis a scare as they ran out of the garage screaming "The house is going to FLOOD!!!" It was spraying VERY forcefully!! OK, I guesss that was MORE than a comment...:) Love you,
K
What is a geochache? Sounds like a treasure hunt...great fun!
Post a Comment