Friday, July 10, 2009

Early birthday present!

Since we are leaving for Europe before my birthday, Eric decided to give me my present a little bit early. (And he needed my help with one part of it too.) :)
I used to have my jewelry in a variety of different containers and on wall hangers, so Eric spent hours making me a beautiful jewelry box!
Here is a close up of it. He designed it himself and even did some wood burning to make the vine design on the front of it. The glass front for the tall part is not in yet in this picture.

Eric burned this butterfly onto the top of it for a little decoration. I was very impressed with his artistic skills! :)
Thank you, Eric, for such a beautiful birthday gift! I love it! And my jewelry will be much more organized now too!

5 comments:

Beanball said...

What a wonderful jewelry box! Beautiful wood and designs! Good job, Eric!

Anonymous said...

wow! That's very cute and nice. Great job Eric!

Anonymous said...

Nice! I did not know you had such an artistic bent, Eric! Happy Birthday Molly Moose!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and beautiful rose topper! Is it one of yours?

Vickie said...

Very beautiful jewelery box!!! Eric, you did good. Happy birthday Molly, a little early...see you next week.