I am finding myself in a fallish mood and would like to make something pumpkiny. (Yes, I realize I just made up two different words in one sentence). Unfortunately, the only things I can ever think of to make are pumpkin cookies (which are yummy) and pumpkin bread (which I don't actually have a recipe for). Anyone have a favorite pumpkin recipe they want to share with me?? I'm always up for trying something new!
7 comments:
Pecan Pumpkin Dessert
2 cans (15 oz. each) solid pack pumpkin
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 package (18-1/4 oz) yellow cake mix
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
Frosting:
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1-1/2 cups confectioners’ (powdered) sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 carton (12 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
Line a 13x9x2 baking pan with waxed paper and coat the paper with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, milk and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with dry cake mix and drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake at 350 for 1 hr. or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Invert onto a large serving platter; carefully remove waxed paper. In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Frost dessert. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Kristen has a great recipe for a Pumpkin Pilgrim Cake. You'll have to ask her for it... I'm no help in that department. :-)
Pumpkin Recipe:
Ingredients:
1 pumpkin
Directions:
Eat pumpkin.
Pumpkin soup? Pumpkin Spice Latte? Mmm. Christian bought me an entire book of pumpkin recipes- the possibilities are endless! :)
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/dinner-in-a-pumpkin-i/Detail.aspx
Dinner in a pumpkin! I'm planning to try this kind of thing sometime...
I like your pumpkin background color! I have a good pumpkin cookie receipe. Let me know if you want it and I will send it via email.
I also just realized I never bought Micah a Moose book yet! Anyway you can let me know the titles of the moose books you already have?
All my pupkiny recipes are at home back in the states.I have some good ones,I will share next fall, ok? PS- Right or not, "Fallish" and "Pumpkiny" have always been in my vocabulary... and they are pefectly alright to use whenever...real words or not real words..
Post a Comment