Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumkins!

What would harvest-time be without a little pumkin carving! We've had the pumkin for a while now but finally had time yesterday evening to carve it. And just for some added fun, we used power tools for quite a bit of it! Anyway, here are a few pictures to showcase our beautiful pumkin!

Using the dremmel on the pumkin...it worked great!

Very detailed work...

The mush! Mmm! We did cook up the seeds afterwards though! Yummy!



Eric trying to fit in the pumkin like he did when he was a baby! It didn't work...


In view of the voting season, we decided we needed to show a little patriotism (maybe we should have carved Obama into it...oh wait...I'm not trying to show that I hate America !) :)

The end! Happy Harvest!

3 comments:

Miles and Jenny said...

That is one VERY Fancy Pumpkin. I am so impressed. Way to go with Power Tools! NICE...

Very Patriotic. I am praying with this next election that our country doesn't get what it deserves. Praying hard that the Lord has mercy!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great pumpkin story. any chance for Eric to use those power tools. I am surprised he is not like his dad and had to go buy a new one for it. I love the face on it. Great job. Sorry Eric you don't fit into the pumpkin anymore! Love you guys- mom

Anonymous said...

Great Pumpkin carving!! I'm impressed! Who is the creative genius? Like your political dig:-) Way to go on the nails and snuggles, Auntie Molly! Love, Mom