Sunday, March 14, 2010

Recipe sharing!

My sister asked me for this recipe today so I thought I would just share it on here. I actully got it from my Mother in Law and thought it was yummy so here it is for you alll. I didn't take this picture but it's from a very similar recipe I found and looked enough like it to work. :)
Fusilli with Zucchini Ribbons
2 C. low sodium vegetable broth
2 C. water
3 C. whole wheat fusilli
2 small/Med zucchini, trimmed
1 carrot, trimmed
3 Tbsp. pesto
1/2 C walnuts or pine nuts, toasted and chopped (if using pine nuts, don't chop)
2-3 Tbsp grated Parmesan
Grated zest of 1 lemon (this adds a lot of flavor so don't skip it)
salt and pepper
In 12 inch saute pan, bring broth and water to rapid boil. Add pasta and cook on high for 1 minute less than suggested time. Make zucchini and carrot ribbons using a peeler and set aside. When pasta is almost done, add zucchini and carrot; cook for 30 seconds. Drain off most unabsorbed water, leaving 1/2 cup liquid in the pan. Turn off heat. Stir in pesto, walnuts, cheese and lemon zest. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with more cheese.
I think adding chicken would taste good too, but I haven't tried it yet. :)
Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Molly! :-) We all are very much pasta and veggie eaters here...especially gabe and the kids...spaghetti with zucchini(now i know how to spell it right since i read your recipe ;-) is our favorite!

Anonymous said...

Yummy!

Beanball said...

looks delicious! And wonderful photo you chose :-)

Miles and Jenny said...

I made this for Miles and I last night. It was amazing! The carrots and zucchini gave the pasta so much texture! The pine nuts gave it and amazing nutty flavor and perfect crunch! Great job, Molly! This was a huge hit at my house! I am Italian. Pasta is in my bones! We loved it! Thank you!