I had an idea the other day that was kind of a mixture of things I had seen. My mom used to have something similar to this, but slightly different. Also, when I was at Bed Bath and Beyond the other day I saw a candle holder made of glass that was made in this same shape, just not of wood. I decided instead of buying it, that Eric could help me make one instead! We searched for a while for the perfect piece of wood, but finally found one that passed inspection! :)
This weekend when Eric's parents were visiting Eric and his dad cut out holes in the wood for me and Vickie. (They made one too). Today we went to Michaels, which is a dangerous store this time of year, and found some fake berries and greenery to decorate it with. This is the end product! The pictures are complements of Eric who had to get the lighting right for it to turn out very well. :)
I used a hot glue gun to get everything on the log...of course I burned my hand in the process...so hopefully it will all stay put! The candles are yummy cinnamon votives from Yankee!! Mmmm...and don't worry Jodi, I put it away until I decorate for Christmas! :) It was pretty simple and cheap to make and looks very festive I think! Yeah for Christmas crafts!
6 comments:
Hey Molly! A Yule Log!!! Very Cool! I love the middle photo...... perfect light!
I still show you as a follower on my blog. Not sure why it isn't showing up for you. I didn't change the blog address, but I did correct (finally) the spelling of squirrelly on the title header, if that makes a difference. It used to be Squirrely.
Cute! And I can smell it now...mmmmm....
Guess I better decorate my log!!! It turned out really nice. Thanks again for the visit and great Christmas craft!
I remember mine...was a Christmas craft from church. Only I like the votive idea better. Mine got all waxed from the melting candles...and I believe caught fire at one point ;-) Very beautiful! The lighting did make a differenc in the ambiance!
I like it a lot...next project for Ian :-)
Oh there is a special out if you turn in your old or broken lights to home depot you get 3 dollars off of led lights...just in case you have your christmas stuff out now :-)
I love it Molly..Great idea! Come decorate my house...after thanksgiving of course...though red candles are good for both seasons.
Post a Comment